- Outdoor space free of obstacles
- Soap bubble toy
- Blow bubbles for your toddler outside
- Encourage your toddler to run, jump, and “catch” the bubbles as they float in the air
- The bubbles will break, and that is fine
TIP: Main focus is to get your toddler to jump and coordinate a bubble “catch” with hands
TIP: You can buy a simple toy for making soap bubbles, or you can make your own.
TIP: If making your own bubble solution, try mix of one cup water, 2 tablespoons dish soap, 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- Take turns with your child blowing and catching bubbles.
This activity develops hand-eye coordination, gross motor control, and the ability to track moving objects in the air. These skills transfer to sports and activities that involve flying objects (e.g., balls, shuttlecocks, frisbees, ribbons, sticks, batons)