- Open indoor space, or dry outdoor space with grass
- Rope, ribbon, or any line on the ground
- Talk with your preschool child about bears. How do bears move?
- Show your child how to crawl like a bear. Knees do not touch the ground
- Stretch out a rope or ribbon on the grass, or find a line marked on the floor
- Crawl along the rope, ribbon or line like a tightrope in the circus. Feet and hands must stay on the rope, ribbon or line
- If there are several children present, try having a bear crawl race. Mark a starting line and a finish line 10 metres away
This activity develops coordination, balance, and strength as kids try to imitate the movements of a bear